Choosing your Father/Daughter dance can be a difficult choice! The trick is to find a song that is special, personal, meaningful but not romantic.
Many daughters choose to dance with their Dad to a ballad but we also get asked to play upbeat songs for the Father/Daughter dance too.
The song can reflect the relationship of you and your Dad now, as you were growing up or it can be a song that you both love and enjoy dancing to.
Like all of the songs you choose for your wedding formalities... Remember, if it makes sense to YOU and you and your Dad have a connection with the song - then it's the RIGHT choice!
To get you started on your search for the perfect song, here are a few of our suggestions:
- · Butterfly Kisses (Bob Carlisle)
- · I Loved Her First (Heartland)
- · Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
- · My girl (The Temptations)
- · A Little Ray of Sunshine (Axiom)
- · The Blowers Daughter (Damien Rice)
- · Isn't She Lovely (Stevie Wonder)
- · Just the Way You Are (Billy Joel)
- · Forever Young (Rod Stewart)
- · Your Raise Me Up (Josh Groban)
- · Hero (Mariah Carey)
- · Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler)
- · You Are the Sunshine of My Life (Stevie Wonder)
And don't forget, to add a special touch to your formalities - if you have a live band , ask them if they can perform the song live.
Good luck with choosing your song... and happy dancing!