By far the most common question/comment I get at work is....
"I can get that same size band for less than that, why are they charging more than other bands?"
Well, it is the age old answer that never seems to change.... "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!"
I went to 2 weddings this week, they were at the same venue but had two very different bands. There were so many things that screamed out the answer to this big question for me, but the 4 biggest differences that stood out for me were these.
Wedding One: The 'cheaper' band
· The guests were on and off the dance floor - the song selection did not quite seem to match the crowd
· Bridal Waltz - Played on CD
· Played 4 x 45 minute sets
· And the clincher for me.... the band started packing up, in between songs, 15 minutes before they finished...WHY? Because they were booked until 11.30pm and they wanted to make sure everything was packed up in advance to leave at exactly that time!
Wedding Two: The 'more expensive' band:
· The guests were dancing all night - the couple had met with the band to discuss song selection
· Bridal Waltz - the band pre-recorded a copy of the version they played live on the night, so that the couple were able to practice their bridal waltz at home
· Stopped to eat dinner and dessert :-) But.... were on stage playing as much as they could!
· And because these guys know a wedding is one of the most important days of a couples lives..... when the couple’s car was late at the end of the night... the band just kept on playing and entertaining, making sure the couple and the guests left on a high and oblivious to the mayhem going on behind the scenes!
And I have purposely not even mentioned the difference in quality of the two bands. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule...will let you know when I am at a wedding and see it for myself!